Thursday, March 26, 2009

Big Ern vs. Food

Well I'm back....again.
My little brothers are coming in town this weekend and in the spirit of Man vs. Food, we're each going to take on the Lucky's Sandwich Challenge. Three sandwiches, each stuffed with meat, french fries, tomato and coleslaw and it all must be consumed in under an hour. Sounds like a great idea. What could possibly go wrong? Truthfully my biggest fear is blowing chunks and never enjoying the taste of salami again.

One Lucky's sandwich

Despite the fact that I don't like tomatoes or coleslaw, Big Ern is going to take this challenge seriously. I did some reading and found out you're supposed to consume as much water and lettuce as possible as they both help to expand your stomach. I just polished off a gallon of water, but could only manage eating half of the 2-pound head of lettuce I bought.

In other news, I've been on a bit of a Maury Povich kick lately so I figured I'd share this link. And I'm going to Hell.

http://maurychristmas.ytmnd.com/

4 comments:

Dan said...

Well at least you already know they don't have a blender to help you finish it off.

Scott Kushner said...

I thought that was an average Midwest lunch...except there's not any cheese

Unknown said...

well, how did the challenge go?

Dan said...

Nor are there any boogers, Kush